Ok enough about that. What a good week! The VC has been pretty slow since it’s winter but I have been able to take some really good tours. I just love the spirit that is in the VC. Pretty sure I am going to be spending some good time in the St. George VC. This last week our director and his wife Elder and Sister Nelson finished their mission and our new director came in. They are really cute and I like them a lot! They want to be so involved in everything and are just real go getters. I am excited about them.
And we had Zone Conference this week! Best day ever. I was doing really good all day but then at the end we have testimony meeting. I got up and even though on my mission I never cry when I bear my testimony, I just looked out on all the elders and sisters and just was overcome with how much I love being a missionary. And I started crying. Where else can you be in a room like that with so many people so dedicated to what they are doing? Just trying to be better and help people and dedicating themselves to Christ. Obviously we aren’t perfect, far from it, but we really do try. And I just realized how much I love the feeling of being a part of that.
Also this week we got to go to Liberty Jail and take some of our recent converts- the same ones that went to the temple last Tuesday. We went with a family in the ward who also brought their friend who is a non-member! And now we are probably going to start teaching him. I loved being back at the jail for a day and we even got to help out with the tour. I love that place so much. So much of what my testimony has become was developed there in that place. The spirit is so strong.
This is going to be a shorter one- now we have an hour time limit since I am back in Independence. But I just wanted to share some funny things, and this is my favorite. Last night me and Sis. Browning got back to our apartment and for some reason we were talking about scary things that have happened to us in our lives. Then when we were praying the first thing sis. Browning said was “thank you for our safe apartment…” but right after she finished saying that we heard all these sirens going past our house. I couldn’t contain myself and just started laughing. Eventually we got it together and finished the prayer. It was just so Independence to me. Ok so that was really the only story I can remember to tell. But I thought it was funny.
I will finish up with my weekly BOM spiritual thought. I hope all of you who are reading are having a good experience! So in other words my family. But anyway, this week I was reading Alma 7 and realized how much I love that chapter! One verse that really stuck out to me was verse 7, which says: “For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.” I know it was talking about the first time Christ came, but this applies to us today as well. I love that it says “there is one thing which is of more importance than they all.” There is so much to get involved in in this world today! So many things are competing for our attention and to become the most important thing. I don't know if you have noticed that...:) But really, sports, TV/movies, school, work, boyfriends, facebook, you name it and if we let them they can take over our lives. And we let them become the most important things. but Alma was trying to remind those people and us as well that we have to make sure our priorites are set. If Christ and our Heavenly Father are not #1 in our lives then we need to make some changes. Of course there is nothing wrong with working or watching a movie or being on Facebook. But if we let those things take over so much that we don't have time to keep the commandments, something is wrong. I know that this is something i was very guilty of before my mission and believe it or not still am on my mission sometimes! I sometimes get caught up in appointments or what I want or whatever that I forget that the Lord is in control. I know that really what we are doing in our lives is like it says in Alma 12:24- it is a time to prepare to meet God; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us. Every minute of our lives we are preparing ourselves for the second coming and also for our afterlife. And the best way to prepare for that is to live every day as if He were going to come today. When we do that we want to be free from sin, we want to know that if we stood in front of Him today we could feel at least peaceful in knowing we are doing our best.
Ok! That is what I have to say today. Thank you all for all you do for me. I love you a lot. Have a wonderful week!
-Sister Hafen
No comments:
Post a Comment