Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day & B-day


First of all, I would like to wish my sister a Happy Birthday (don't worry, I did in person earlier because I am a good/cute/thebestever sister like that)! Today she turned the big 2-4, which we decided sounds a lot older that 23 for some reason. I can't believe we are this old!

So for Valentine's Day this year our friend Marissa (not study abroad Marissa) decided that a bunch of us should do a double feature at the movies- Confessions of a Shopaholic at 4:25, then dinner at the mall, then back the the theater for He's Just Not That Into You. Amazing idea. It was a blast! It was fun to hang out and actively embrace our singleness in public. Besides all the couples and the annoying facebook statuses saying things like so and so "just loves her husband so much!" and "couldn't be luckier to have the man she has!" I was mainly able to get through the day without being reminded at every turn that I am super single. I decided that Valentine's Day is most definitely only a fun holiday if you have a significant other. All the women out there who tell you they hate it (including me) are mainly just saying that they hate it because they don't have a man. There are very few that hate it because they actually don't like the holiday. Let's be honest.


In other news:


-The best news I have received lately is that I am going to Amsterdam this summer! I took the capstone class for my major last semester (even though I am not graduating until December...) and basically the whole grade in the class was based on a group paper. Then our professor submitted a proposal to a conference and we got funding to go, so we are going to go present! The conference is for the International Association of Forensic Linguistics, which I think sounds very impressive. :) Our class was all about how language relates to the law, so my group did a paper on interviewing child witnesses and the best interviewing techniques to get the actual truth out of them. So I am really excited! Marissa (yes study abroad one this time) is going, along with some other friends from my study abroad and major. We may even make a little trip to London, we'll see.


-I really hate snow. This hatred started my freshman year after the novelty wore off, and we have had a hate-hate relationship ever since. I know that it is supposed to be really fun to play in, and that some say there are good things about it, like it provides "moisture" (sick), but I just am not a fan of having to walk up to campus in a downpour of snow while the freezing wind blows it into my face and gets my feet all wet so they can be cold for the rest of the day. That was a very long sentence. So if you like snow, I apologize, but I am just not a fan. But good news- spring is getting closer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin i miss you! I'm so excited that you get to go to Amsterdam! Wow! Have you been there before? Well, we need to hang out the next time you are here in the sunshine. I'm sorry about the snow! I love ya! This is Jillian by the way!