I am so ready for school to be over! There is only a week and a half left of classes, and although I have a million things to do (do a study and write an entire huge paper, write other smaller papers, read most of a textbook, etc.), I am trying not to kill myself with stress because I am so ready for school to be done right now! Earlier I was planning to take classes during the summer and then next Fall semester and graduate in December, but I decided against that. I just can't handle summer school right now! So I pushed graduation back to April next year. I am actually kind of excited to have a "super-senior" year, it should be fun. Also I don't have to worry about getting a job for another year, which right now is a relief!
I haven't done a whole lot lately because life has been really busy, but I have done a few fun things lately. First, me and Robyn and Marissa went to Sandy to visit our friend Mandy from study abroad! It was really fun to see her and hang out like old times. Also study abroad related: I also went with Robyn and Marissa to the prep class for the study abroad that is happening this year and we talked about our experience last year and gave advice and stuff. It was a blast, but it made me really sad and now I am really missing London! Those people are so lucky, they are going to have a blast. I guess also since summer is coming soon I have been thinking about London more lately. It's funny how I really only spent a few weeks there but I can miss it so much- maybe just because my time there really was one of the most fun things I have ever done!
Also, last weekend I also went to the Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork. A blast! And such a typical BYU activity, I love it. Basically a ton of people show up and buy colored chalk and flour, then we all throw it into the air and at other at the same. As you can imagine, with all that dust in the air you become surrounded by it and are not able to see or breathe. After the colors ran out everyone is just covered with it and it looks so funny! Here are some pics to show you what I mean:
Also my good friend Marci who I have known forever came down from Salt Lake with some friends to go to the festival so I hung out with her for a while. It was really good to see her!
In other news, I was in the news! My boss nominated me for student employee of the year and I ended up being one of the runners-up of BYU! Pretty cool. Here is the link to the story: http://newnewsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/72014. I didn't get quoted, but at least my name is there! They also filmed us and asked us questions, but I have no idea when/if they are airing it. I will put a link up if they show it somewhere and I find out about it.

1 comment:
Just had to say, that chalk thing looks FUN!! Reminds me of jello wrestling for some reason... i donno...
Post a Comment