Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 10 - Liberty Jail


Nov 16, 2009
Wow!

Well, of course the first news this week is about transfers. The inevitable happened- my beloved companion Sister Blunt left me to go out as a full proselyting sister in Odessa, Missouri. Don't ask me where that is. I miss her! And I will admit the past few days have been a few hard, but I am trying not to focus on myself and focus on the people we are teaching, and it is going well. So I am in the same area, Liberty 1st, and my companion is Sister Maxfield. I may have mentioned her before when we were on exchanges. She has also been at the jail, so she just switched areas to be my companion. This is her last transfer before she goes home, so I guess I better not get too attached because she will be leaving me too! But that means I will most likely stay where I am for the next little while.

Besides that, the weather is finally starting to turn cold. It was really nice for a while there, but the last few days have been rainy and cold and I am not really expecting it to get much better. So pray for me! If you know me, you know how much I just love the cold and the snow (especially wind), and of course I am looking forward to being in all that in a dress! I actually got a little cold this week, which has been frustrating. Here is a good story for you though. So I started having a stuffy head/cough on Thursday. Then on Friday it hadn't really gotten better, but that day was our full proselyting day and we were going to be out all day in our area. On top of that, we had 4-5 appointments set up, and we already had 15 lessons taught that week (we are supposed to get 20 a week, which I have never done yet, we usually get around 15). So we went out, and I prayed and told Heavenly Father I just needed a day where things would go at least relatively smoothly because I really just couldn't handle a crazy cancelling appointments day. And it did! Every single one of our appointments happened and were great, they were excited to see and listen to us, and the one hour we didn't have a solid appointment a ward member called and invited us over to teach a former investigator. Miracles! So we got 5 lessons right in a row, then went home a little early so I could get some sleep.

Anyway, I am feeling better now, I just have a cough still. My voice is starting to give out on me, which isn't very fun when you are a missionary because you talk a lot! I was doing a tour the other day, and on our tours we talk about the history of the jail a little bit in a separate room before we go to the room that the actual jail is in. So I was just finishing the history part when I started to have a coughing fit. That was just fantastic. But I was able to hand over the rest of the tour to another sister and then run downstairs. Fun! But if this cough keeps going I will go to the doctor, I promise!



Well, I will leave you this week with a funny story. We were over at the Johnston's house (they are members) the other night for dinner, and they have 3 cute kids. We were sharing a message afterwards about talents, and were asking the kids what their, their siblings, and their parents talents were. Their little boy said "Mommy is really good at having babies!" which was just awkward/hilarious, but it was completely sincere. Then their littlest girl, who had been just kind of running around the room, comes and stops right by Sister Blunt (who was talking at the time) and says, "Jesus made horses!" Oh. my. goodness. It was hilarious. Again, just so sincere, like she was just sharing with us that that was one of His talents. It was just the funniest thing, and we couldn't stop laughing for at least 3 minutes solid.

Well, I love you all! We are working hard and teaching and finding people and it is great!

Love,
Sister Hafen

No comments: