Friday, June 26, 2009

Mission News!

Big news- I got my mission call! We got home from our vacation on Wednesday and it was waiting nicely in the mail box for me. And the place is:

Independence, Missouri!


I was definitely not expecting that, but the more I think about going there the more excited I get. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing, but there is a visitors' center in Independence and also one at Liberty Jail, so my guess would be that I will spend at least some of the time in those places. Actually a lot of the mission is in Kansas, which really, who knew I would go to Kansas.


I report to the MTC on September 9th, and it is an English-speaking mission so I will only have to be there for a few weeks. By October I will be a full-fledged missionary! So weird.


Of all the guesses I received no one guessed correctly, but Kim was the closest with St. Louis. I guess I will have to get her a treat or something.

Thank you everyone for your support and I will be expecting weekly letters from all of you!!!

3 comments:

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

I'm so excited for you!! I can't believe that you will be leaving in September!! You are going to be awesome. Lets please plan a girls night before you go, I would love that.

Candice said...

Oh my gosh. Best part about this. If by some unknown reason they put sisters back in my ward, and you're in at Christmas, we totally have the missionaries over for Christmas morning. Best news of all time!

Kim said...

I can't wait for my treat. Also, I just remembered that you owe dinner for when I called the cops on us!