This time it was a self-guided tour with audio headsets, and I was reminded fondly of my study abroad last year and all the headsets we used. They were even the same kind we used most places in England! Fun. So we toured the house, sorry mansion, and it was good. It was kind of ridiculous how ornate and expensive looking everything was. You could tell that not one expense had been spared. I think one of my favorite parts of the mansion was this carving over one of the doorways with these cherubs. It looked similar to many other cherub carvings, because they are so common you know, but behind them there was a steam train and both were carrying train tools. Pretty much hilarious.
After the mansion tour we drove some more along Bellevue avenue to look at more mansions. I swear, if anything is ever named Newport, Bellevue, or Belmont you can bet it is a rich place. So we saw some more mansions and then went of this street called Ocean View Drive. It was beautiful! You could see the coast for a lot of it and I wish it had been sunny so we could have gotten out and played in the ocean again. After this we went to downtown Newport and ate lunch. After we got back to the hotel that night Dad finally took us to Dunkin’ Donuts. We have been joking about going this whole trip because there are seriously Dunkin’ Donuts stores on every corner here. So we went and got some donuts. I guess they were good…but they just tasted like regular donuts to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment