Not much has been happening lately. I basically wake up and go to work everyday for 6-7 hours, come home and eat, and then spend the rest of the day reading/watching movies/hanging out. Not a bad life. I am soon going on vacation with the fam to New England followed by a week in Amsterdam for a conference I will be presenting at, so expect more posts soon. But there has been one thing kind of exciting going on with me...I AM GOING ON A MISSION!
Yep, it's official! I have been working on the paperwork for a couple of months now and today I had my final interviews. Tomorrow everything should be submitted, so now I just get to wait! The Stake President said there are no problems with my papers so my call should come pretty quick, probably even by the time I get home from vacation on the 24th. Ahh! I am so excited! My availability date is August 1st, but from hearing the actual report-to-the-MTC dates lately in my mission prep class I am not really expecting to go until September or maybe even later. But we will see!
This whole experience has been so interesting/funny/eye opening to me. If you would have asked me a year ago (when I was about to turn 21) or even just a few months ago if I was going to go on a mission, the answer would have been a no, maybe even a heck no. Mainly because I didn't want to, also because I was scared out of my mind to go somewhere where I didn't know anyone and have to teach them...it just wasn't going to happen. But something changed. Looking back on the past few months and the year, I have noticed that there have been specific experiences that have changed me, that have built my testimony, that have made me more confident in myself and my abilities. Last year wasn't the right time for me to go, but now it is. I can't really explain how my attitude and perspective have changed since I made this decision. I don't know a lot of things for sure, but I know that what I am going to go teach is true, and I am excited to share it!
If you want to guess where I will go, post a comment or send me an email and I will put your guess on the map!
10 comments:
Super exciting!!! My guess is the Netherlands. Final answer.
Lydia
First, We are way excited for you. Second, Matt says the Houston,TX (WOULD BE THE BEST EVER!-- We would feed you regularly). I say you're going to Brazil. (it would be way crazy for you and Melissa to go to the same country.) HOORAY!
Mom says...
Munich Germany or Vienna Austria
McAllen Freaking Texas!!!! (this is your brother, Conner)
Idaho! hee hee, or Canada, eh?
Congrats! Love Aunt Mel
Caitlin I am so excited!! Holland is my guess and Raymond guesses Switzerland!! Let us know! Love you!
Tucsan, Arizona!! Spanish Speaking!!
best mission on earth.
John Ehlen
:)
I am going to make two guesses...because I can! My first is St. Louis, Missouri and my second is the Baltic Mission (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
I am so stinkin excited for you!!! Missions are the best and you will be an amazing missionary. My guess is somewhere back east. Maybe New York or North Carolina? Or maybe you'll be ever so lucky and get called to the most blessed place on earth... Minnesota:)
Is it here? Is it here?!?!?!
Post a Comment