Today I slept in! I woke up at 10, and I think that is the latest I have slept this whole program. We had a relaxing morning, then Robyn and I left to get show tickets for the night and to meet up with Mandy and Marissa at St. Paul’s at two. To get to the theater we walked down Drury Lane! That was exciting. Then these two ladies asked us directions again- I swear, I might as well be a native because everyone always asks us questions.
At St. Paul’s we paid our 8 pounds to get in (that is with a student discount) and wandered for a while. Then we walked over to where you can walk to the top of the cathedral. I wasn’t sure about going to the top since I have done it before and I remembered it being hard, but everyone else was doing it so I succumbed to the peer pressure and joined in. It is 578 steps to the top, and it really wasn’t as hard as I remembered. It is done in three sections, and even though the first set of stairs has the nicest stairs it is in my opinion the hardest because the steps are just short enough to kill your calves. But we got to the top and it was a beautiful view! After pushing the never-ending school children out of the way I got some good pictures of the city. On our way out of the cathedral there were these donation boxes asking you to donate for the future upkeep or something like that of the church. Serious? I mean, most people are paying them 12 pounds to get in and then they ask you for more? And this is one of the most visited tourist attractions in London. Whatev. After we finished at St. Paul’s we were famished and found a pub to eat at called Ye Olde London. I had Shepherd’s Pie and it was probably on one the best meals I have had since I have been here- a classic English meal. I don’t get why people don’t like English food honestly, I have always liked it. But then again, I really like plain food so maybe that is why. That night Robyn and I rode to Covent Garden Station to go to our play, The Woman in Black.
It thought it was so funny in the tube because you will definitely see significantly more women in dresses/skirts on a Friday or Saturday night than you will ever see on a Sunday, which was blatantly apparent. The play was really good- it has been playing at that theater for almost 20 years now so apparently people like it. We were really scared because we knew going in it was a ghost story, but all the signs outside said things like “bone-chilling” and “take a tranquilizer before coming” so we started to get nervous that it would be super scary. But it wasn’t too bad at all. We were on the front row of the balcony and at one point the girl sitting next to me was leaning on it when something scary happened, and I swear she jumped so much she almost fell off the balcony! That was probably the scariest/funniest part of the show to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment