Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 27

Today was just a typical Sunday here. I got up and went to church, and Mandy and I went to face the children of the nursery. This week there were 3 of them and just the two of us. The 3 included the terror child Becky from last week, so we were a little bit worried. Of course right away she started to dance to the primary songs with the other little girl that was there. But soon it was apparent that she didn’t really enjoy dancing with Becky, so we told her to stop. So she then just held her hand and dragged her along everywhere until of course they ended up knocking their heads together and there was crying and sadness involved. So we basically just had to keep Becky away from the other children, because she is really smart and knows how to push just the right buttons to get on your nerves. After two hours Mandy took her out twice, she escaped down the hall a few times, she hit Mandy in the face, and she threw every toy she could get her hands on on the ground. I just love children.

In sacrament all of us, “the BYU girls”, had to bear our testimonies. I was last of the group and just talked about how I was grateful for the experience to be there and serve even if it is just for a small amount of time and a small amount of service. It was nice because a lot of people came up after church and told us they were happy we were there and they appreciated our testimonies. I really like the ward because lots of the people are converts and the spirit is really- I don’t want to say simple, but I guess I could describe it as pure. The people that come come because they want to for the most part, not because they have to or are expected to. I really like that about it, I think it is very refreshing.

After church I was of course tired so I fell asleep even though I really didn’t want to. I was sad because Robyn and I have been invited over to the Levens (family friends) house a couple of times but it hasn’t worked out yet. This was one of those weeks, so I was disappointed. But we are invited again next week, so hopefully that will happen! But besides napping I did the usual for a Sunday- read, computered, homeworked, etc. Tomorrow starts the first day of the last week in London! Sad.

No comments: